Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blessings & Misc. Deals




I managed to stumble upon a piece of scripture tonight that really hit home. Hebrews 13:5. "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (NIV) I really enjoy the moments that a song lyric, bible verse, quote, article, or something that you manage to stumble upon resonates and provides you with vision. :) Although I don't have it all, I make the best with what I've got.

On another note, I was able to catch a few deals. Nothing spectacular, but in commitment to journaling my savins, I scored about $2 worth of fifteen cent spiral notebooks at WalMart. I needed a few for organizing, and others I plan to make into crafted journals to sell. I also picked up tons of Elmer's school glue. I stumbled upon a craft blog that tells you how to use Elmer's glue to create a cheap "crackle paint" effect. Crafts, here I come! If you're interested in a cheap crackle paint craft recipe, check this out: http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2010/05/make-your-own-crackle-finish-for-cheap/


Also, about two weeks ago I scored some SWEET deals at Target! Hip2Save posted a deal where there were coupons for $10 off any Target Home Bath Furniture at Target.com. I managed to print two and although I thought the cashier may give me some trouble with the definition of "furniture" luckily, my cashier looked at it and said something to the like of, "The scanner isn't letting the coupon go through, but, it says bathroom... and well I see assembly required... so furniture it is." A shower corner organizer for $3.49! And a bronzed metal towel bathroom rack for $3.49 also! Wee! I ended up using the towel rack in my laundry room. Whenever I find something I like, or something that is cheap, I think.... "What can I do with this to benefit me?" I might even make a mini-curtain or two for the shelf to spruce it up a bit? Ha! Here's the lowdown of my purchase. 

Target - 08/2010 - 5 items for about $14 (tax and all)!   
Target Home Bath Shower Tension Shelf - $15
on sale $13.49 minus $10 off Target Home bath furniture coupon = $3.49 
Target Home Bath Towel Rack - $15
on sale $13.49 minus $10 off Target Home bath furniture coupon = $3.49
 Capri Sun 20 pk - $3.50 
minus $0.50 cent Capri Sun Target coupon = $3

Dawn Hand Renewal Soap (Large Size) - $3.98
on clearance for 2.98 minus $1 coupon = $1.98

also, cotton balls for crafts/personal use! Wahoo! All of that for the price of one of the bathroom furniture items! Here's where I put the towel rack above my washer. It works fabulous, since the previous ledge above my washer was only about 4 inches wide! Let's just say lots of laundry soap mishaps! ;)
Oh, and before I forget, I got a fun retail therapy sale! JCPenney.com often offers coupons for $10 off a purchase of $10 or more. Luckily, about two weeks ago they were offering FREE shipping on all shoes! I scored these super cute Olsenboye shoes (but in black) for $10.99, tax, shipping, and all! They are so cute! And to boot they were originally $59~ dollars! They were on clearance for $19.99 and minus $10 coupon plus free shipping = $10.99 out of pocket! ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com