Monday, August 23, 2010

BOGO + BOGO = FREE! My CVS Deals

My couponing method varies from month to month. Sometimes, I have all the deals mapped out ready for battle. Others, I'll be in the know from leisurely viewing posts from coupon matchup lists on Facebook, print the coupon, and, well, if I make it to the store, I make it, if I don't, I don't. Luckily, this weekend was the latter. The CVS BOGO Sobe deal was all the rage on the coupon blogs. Often at stores when they offer a product on sale Buy One (at $x.xx) Get One FREE, and you have a BOGO coupon, you get both for free, and that was the case with Sobe LifeWater drinks at CVS. Sobe.com has a Heads or Tails game you can play each day and print a coupon for BOGO. I had printed quite a few of these throughout the week, bored, watching TV after work. Didn't really dedicate myself to making a trip before the sale ended (yesterday, Saturday) but I did! And scored- BIG!

I was able to help a friend at the last minute by volunteering to babysit! I had some extra time and was going to CVS to see if they had any of the Purex 3 in 1 sheets that there was a deal with. Anytime I go in, I scan my card at their magical coupon machine near the entrance. I scored a $5 off a $15 purchase!!! :) Knowing they would probably be sold out of the Purex since it was the last day of the deal, and they were- I still poked around. Inside, I remembered the Sobe deal! I knew that since they were BOGO at about 1.70 each, I had an amount of $9ish for my purchase (before coupons). Since I was babysitting, I wanted chocolate! I got a big pack of Hershey's mini bars for $4, and a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese on sale for $1 just to make sure my amount would be over $15 pre-coupons to use the CVS $5 off $15 purchase coupon from the magical coupon printer! Guess what? CVS ended up OWING me a PENNY before tax! ;) Here's the lowdown.

CVS - 08.21.10 - 14 items for $1 (tax and all)! 
$27.01 of goods for only $1!

  Twelve Sobe Lifewater drinks  - $1.69
on sale BOGO minus six (6) BOGO coupons
= 12 FREE drinks!
(this really helps because my BIG money vice is fast-food drinks! I always stop at the gas station to get a drink or something when I'm running errands and thirsty for a little boost! Having individual drinks stocked in my fridge makes me feel like I have my own convenience store in my kitchen!)
.
Bag of Hershey's Mini - $3.99

 Kraft Macaroni and Cheese - $1.79
on sale for $1

With my CVS card, every other Sobe drink rang up as a charge of $1.79. Then the other merchandise added up on my transaction. I let the cashier ring up all of my items to a total of about $16 before handing over ANY coupons (although I did let her know I had coupons out of courtesy). I handed over the $5 off $15 purchase coupon from CVS coupon printer which made it $11, then handed over my six (6) Sobe BOGO coupons (taking off the price of 6 of the 12 Sobe's I got charged for, about  $10 deducted. So, look at the reciept. 
 
 

Ba-da-ba-pa-pa.... I'm lovin it! :) And, the best part to me was that it was one of those "leisurely" trips, not coupon planned, coupon binder unorganized, but I managed to make it work! ;) Wanna know something even BETTER? The Sobe.com Heads or Tails game can be played without a code (how I originally played) or WITH a code from bottle tops! So now that I have codes, I can score even more BOGO coupons for another sale! ;) And another note, couponing makes me feel like a KID. Remember when we got excited about PENNIES? LOL!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com