Sunday, November 21, 2010

Frugal Comfort


Have you heard of Rue La La? They are one of many online boutiques floating around with special "flash" sales, which are sales for only one to two days and include a lot of name brand merchandise with deep discounts!  I signed up about a month ago and received a FREE $20 credit from a promotion they were running, and have been waiting for something to get (or give as a gift! ;) Since joining, I missed a few good deals and got frustrated, as some cute items I wanted were sold out, but lucked up tonight! 

I got a set of two Calvin Klein king-size pillows for $6.95 thanks to following MojoSavings.com! I saw a post where Rue La La had individual pillows for $5.90 each... annnnd of course Rue La La was sold out of those individual pillows. But I peeked around and saw this pillow set for $16.90 and my $20 credit = $6.95 shipping! About $3.50 per pillow... and Calvin Klein king size to boot! That's cheaper than WalMart! Ha! I have a difficult time finding king sized pillows I like quality wise and that are in my price range, so this was a treat! We'll just see how comfy Calvin Klein Home can be! :)

So, I guess joining all of those deal boutique sites have their perks! :) It seems they all launched pretty quick... Gilt, Rue La La, One Kings Lane... and many more I've got credits floating around on... hmmm. If you're not a member, you can sign up for Rue La La here! There's not a promotion running like the one a month ago, but there is a referral program where you get $10 to spend on Rue La La when a friend you refer makes a purchase! ;) I signed up with my couponing e-mail addy, so that's probably why I wasn't the early bird with a lot of previous sales... but many blogs post the "hot" deals like these pillows when they're live!

Even if you don't have a credit, they have some cute items on there from time to time I wouldn't mind purchasing without a credit, for myself, or even as Christmas gifts! I've seen some awesome Smashbox cosmetic gift sets, unique and posh candle sets, and fun purses and accessories from fancy pancy brand all at better prices than retail value! Wee! And, I'm jazzed I got myself some pillows... looks like I could use the extra rest this holiday season! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com